Customers in the Hawkeye State Free to Join the 11 Million Globally Already Using App
BOSTON (October 25, 2019) – DraftKings Inc. announced today that its daily fantasy sports (DFS) products are now available for fans in Iowa. Recently passed legislation allows fantasy sports operators to offer paid fantasy contests in the state for the first time. Iowans are now free to experience DraftKings’ extensive suite of DFS products on the leading platform.
“In time for the Week 8 games of NFL season and NBA tipoff, DraftKings is thrilled to show The Hawkeye State why we have been able to establish ourselves as a premier destination for sports fans who want skin in the game,” said Matt Kalish, chief revenue officer and co-founder at DraftKings. “We are excited to offer Iowans our daily fantasy products, featuring the largest prize pools you’ll find anywhere in the world.”
Iowa consumers will finally have the opportunity to take advantage of multiple innovations DraftKings has recently introduced to emphasize optimization of the customer experience for all skill levels, including:
• Establishing Fair Play Commitment Initiative to ensure a level playing field by prohibiting topearning or more experienced players from entering casual and beginner contests.
• Creating DraftKings Leagues, the first platform where players can create fully-customizable, private contests just for their friends or colleagues.
• Launching new and enhancing favorite game variants:
- Showdown contests require players to draft a team from a single game, round or match all while staying under the designated salary cap. Showdown is particularly popular among fans for marquee events like the Super Bowl. DraftKings also enables In-Game Showdown so fans can construct lineups for a portion of the game after it has begun.
- Classic contests require participants to draft a team across multiple games by selecting players by position listed in the available Player Pool while remaining under the designated salary cap. Classic is a popular option for fans during regular season games.
Sports fans in Iowa, more than 40 other U.S. states, and eight countries around the world can now join the game inside the game today by either heading to www.draftkings.com or downloading the DraftKings app via iOS or Android.
DraftKings is a global sports technology and entertainment company that believes life is more fun with skin in the game. Its mission is to bring fans closer to the games they love via a unique combination of daily fantasy sports, sports betting and media platforms that, combined, deliver “The Game Inside The Game.” Founded in 2012 by Matt Kalish, Paul Liberman and Jason Robins, DraftKings is headquartered in Boston, MA, and offers daily fantasy sports contests across 13 professional sports in 8 countries including the U.S., Canada, U.K. and Australia. Operating pursuant to state regulations in New Jersey, New York, West Virginia and Mississippi, DraftKings Sportsbook mobile and retail, allows players in the state to engage in betting for major U.S. and international sports.
DraftKings Media Contact